Telehealth: To prevent the spread of communicable disease, the best way to eliminate possible spreading of illness, is to meet virtually, using the internet for video and audio.
- The telehealth program we use is secure and 100% HIPAA compliant.
- Besides complying with social distancing recommendations, Telehealth offers flexibility and saves travel time and expenses.
- When making a telehealth appointment, simply choose the Video Office as the location.
- Once you select Video Office you’ll receive a link for the virtual appointment.
- When our appointment is schedule to start, click on the link to begin.
- The link can also be opened through the free app Telehealth by SimplePractice (download in the app store).
- You can use the camera and audio on your computer or mobile device.
- Be sure you have a private, somewhat quiet place where you can speak freely and without distractions.
In-person appointments: In-person appointments are the best choice for maximum therapeutic value. We especially recommend in-person for youth, couples and families.
For the safety of all, please stay quarantined in your home and do not consider in-person appointments if you are experiencing symptoms of influenza or COVID 19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) or have recently been in contact with a person known to have any highly contagious infection. Stay home. I will do the same. If you are free of symptoms and do not know of any recent exposures, I am happy to meet with you in-person.
If you do choose to come to the office:
Do NOT come in the building when you first arrive. Instead, text me (253-234-7007) when you are ready and wait for me to reply.
I will reply via text when I am ready for you to come straight in. Since the lobby is so small, this is the best way for us to keep social distancing.
Once in my office, we will follow your comfort level at mask usage. Please tell me if you would prefer me to wear a face covering.